A pre-construction meeting is conducted by RECS to each Subcontractor before the actual start of work.
The pre-construction meeting expresses safety. Health and environmental requirements and necessary
preparations for each work party. High risk works potential hazards and specific rules/restrictions are
also highlighted and discussed.
A pre-construction meeting will be held with the following participants:
- RECS Site & Construction Manager
- RECS Superintendents
- RECS Safety Officers
- Subcontractors Construction Managers
- Subcontractors Superintendents
- Subcontractors Safety Officers
The pre-construction meeting will confirm the following between RECS and Subcontractors.
- Acceptance of the project SHES programs to be applied at site.
- Overall site organization and responsibility.
- Participation in the site safety committee.
- Specific site environment and restrictions /requirements.
- Subcontractors work execution plans.
Planning of the Safety Meetings:
RECS plans several types of safety meetings considering the nature of the site, work formation in the project,
classification of attendees, project progress and current aspects, etc.
The following typical meetings summarize standard modes of operation, objectives, discussion subjects,
etc. These shall further be developed in taking project features and execution formation into account.
Typical Site Meetings:
(a) Supervisors Safety Meeting
(b) Tool Box Safety Meetings
(c) Stand-up Safety Meeting.
Occupational Health & Environmental Control:
Sanitation and Hygiene Measures:
In order to provide adequate sanitary conditions for all personnel at site, RECS considers the following provisions
as a part of the temporary facilities.
- Provision for an adequate supply of potable water
- Provision for toilets and hand wash basins
- Garbage disposal and periodic collection
- Proper drainage and sewer treatment/disposal
- Other special hygienic operations
Worker’s Rest Space:
RECS considers the following provisions as a part of temporary facilities. If they shall be provided by
Subcontractors, ATL will indicate guidelines for planning installation and maintenance.
- Sunshade and/or site canteen
- Smoking hut
Only qualified and trained personnel shall be assigned to install, adjust and operate radiation equipment.
When working in areas with a potential exposure directly or indirectly to any workers/persons,
the relevant statutory required protection shall be made.
Areas in which lasers are used shall be posted and restricted with standard radiation warning sign,
placards and barricade.
Warning Signs, Barricades and Signals:
RECS site supervisors will provide or instruct the Subcontractors in its installation according to each
work site working conditions in various areas.
Site management and supervision will ensure that appropriate and adequate quantities of signs, barricades and
signaling supplies are available.
Site supervision will make sure that signs, barricades, and signals are used, erected and maintained as
required to ensure the safety and health of site personnel.